The benefits of an adjustable base for a great night’s sleep
A good night’s sleep is incredibly important for many aspects of life, here at Wayman we provide our customers excellent options to rest well. As a liquidation centre that takes pride in putting their customers in the right mattress, we are able to provide amazing sleep products at very low prices.
Along with our liquidation stock of Serta, Simmons, and Beautyrest mattress options — some of the very best available in the business —we also have adjustable bases at liquidation pricing. Adjustable bases allow you to raise your head to watch television or read a book, lift your legs to improve circulation, support your knees for pain control, and many more options.
Book an appointment for a customized, personalized shopping experience with a Wayman expert who is knowledgeable about the products and passionate about making sure everyone gets the rest they deserve every night.
Do I need a special mattress for an adjustable base?
Generally speaking, most mattresses are compatible with adjustable bases other than a continuous coil, but rest assured the staff at Wayman will make sure before you buy. These types of mattresses are always available at Wayman, where our brand-name, brand-new mattresses are available at unbelievable prices! We deal directly with the Serta Simmons Bedding factory here in Calgary, which gets our shoppers amazing deals through our long-standing relationships and quantity buying.
What’s great about an adjustable base?
An adjustable base allows you to customize your sleeping position by moving the angle of the head and foot sections of your bed. This way, you find the most comfortable position for your body while also relieving pressure points and reducing discomfort. They are also very easy to use, with wireless remotes that allow you to make changes while you are comfortably tucked underneath the covers so there’s no getting out and getting back in.
Adjustable bases can also help alleviate issues such as snoring, acid reflux, and sleep apnea. An elevated head section provides better airflow and lessens strain on airways. Raising the foot section is greatly beneficial for circulation and swelling, particularly for those with conditions like edema or varicose veins.
Because your pressure points have been alleviated and your airways are not being blocked, an adjustable base helps you achieve better sleep quality overall. You’ll fall asleep faster, enjoy uninterrupted rest, and spend more time in non-REM, which is the deepest type of sleep and the most beneficial for healing.
In addition to wireless remote controls, adjustable bases can also come with USB ports for charging devices, built-in massage options, and programmable memory settings. These features enhance the overall convenience and functionality of the bed, allowing you to create a personalized sleep environment that meets your specific requirements.
Can you use any bed frame with an adjustable base?
If you have a standard bed frame with a headboard, footboard, and rails, it is likely compatible with an adjustable base. Just look for the wooden or metal slats that run horizontally to support the mattress, and as long as you can remove those slats, the adjustable base should fit inside of the frame. By the way, we also carry platform bases at Wayman!
More tips for a great night’s sleep
Aside from an adjustable base and great mattress sales to help put you and your mind at ease, more ways to achieve a good night’s sleep include:
- Going to bed and getting up at the same time every day. This helps reinforce your body’s sleep-wake cycle.
- Most adults don’t require more than seven hours of sleep each night, so adjust your sleep schedule accordingly.
- If you don’t fall asleep within 20 minutes of lying down, leave your bedroom and do something relaxing like listening to music or reading a book.
- Avoid heavy meals within a couple of hours of going to bed, and avoid nicotine, caffeine, and alcohol.
- Bedrooms should be cool, dark, and quiet. It’s not advisable to have a television in your bedroom, as it’s far too easy to binge and stay awake.
- Darkening your room with light-cancelling shades and using ear plugs and a fan to filter out noise can be helpful.
- Even if you’re tired, try to avoid daytime naps. If you must nap, limit the time to one hour.
- Regular physical activity is one of the best ways to assure a good night’s sleep, so keep exercise as one of your top priorities.
- Something bothering you? Worries and concerns can wait until tomorrow. Write down what’s on your mind to address tomorrow when you are well-rested and able to take issues on properly.
Appliances, appliances, appliances!!!
Right now, Wayman is also pleased to be able to provide incredible deals on brand-name appliances to further assist you in making your home the place you have always dreamed it could be. Wayman always brings in only the best, so buyers can take comfort in that they will be presented with quality options. Do a little research ahead of time so you know exactly what you’re looking for, then book an appointment from Tuesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to see first-hand what is available.
Never miss anything going on at Wayman Services Liquidation Centre
Sign up for the Wayman Services Liquidation Centre’s newsletter and always be the first to know about the next great deal to be found at their frequent sales events. They are fun to attend and more than worth it to know about. We’ll see you at Wayman!